To impart technical and management expertise and to inculcate professionalism to deliver needs of the society to excel in real time situations at all levels.
To build globally component professional in the field of engineering, management and information science by providing value and need based quality education.
The department was established in the year 1982 for imparting state-of the- art education and training in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering. With an initial intake of 40 students the department has grown steadily and the present intake is 120. And also started M.Tech in Digital Communication & Networking since 2013 with an Intake of 18.
Faculty and Curriculum
The department has
- Well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members with specialization in various fields.
- Spacious and well equipped laboratories.
- Softwares like MATLAB 7.2 version, B2spice version 2 and Xilinx8.1i.
- High Speed Broad Band internet connectivity.
- UPS and Generator facility.
- Well equipped seminar Hall.
- Many student projects sponsored by KSCST, Bangalore.
- Separate library with more than 1200 books.
Co-Curricular And Training Activities
- DepartmentorganizesAICTE/ISTE sponsored summer school /workshops/ conferences on various advanced topics in Electronics & Communication field.
- Department has constituted various committees for monitoring academic excellence and other activities.
- Excellence in co-curricular and extracurricular activities is encouraged among students to mould them into full fledged personalities through ESSA.
- Personalized counseling and parental care is taken under the local guardian teacher scheme where 15 students are assigned to each faculty member who gives personal attention to each of them.
- 100% placement record of eligible students. Alumni of the department are well placed in many Leading companies across India & abroad.
What Does an Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer do?
- Electronics and Communication Engineering branch deals with analog and digital transmission, reception of video, voice and data, basic electronics, solid state devices, microprocessors, digital and analog communication, analog integrated circuits, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antenna and wave progression.
- It also deals with the manufacturing of electronic devices, circuits, and communications equipment like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits, microwaves and fiber among others.
- It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students
on the basic concepts and theories that will equip them in
their professional work involving analysis, systems
implementation, operation, production and maintenance
of the various applications in the field of Electronics and
Scope of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Today, technology is growing at a rapid pace. In the future there is bound to be huge demand for competent engineers in electronic industry to cope with the demand in Technology. These engineers would be involved in creating and sustaining cutting edge technology to stay ahead in competition.>
An electronic engineer can find job in consumer electronics manufacturing organization, Telecommunication industry, IT industries, Health care equipment manufacturing industry, Mobile communication, Internet technologies, Power Electronics and Other industries like steel, cement, petroleum and chemical industry, directing control and testing production process.
Electronics technologists can specialize in technical Sales, product representation, systems management, the design and manufacture of electronic devices and systems or the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic systems and equipment. They may also work with computers and electronic equipment in the medical, manufacturing sectors
Job Opportunities Public Sector
- DRDO- Defense and Research Development Organization.
- BEL-Bharat Electronics Ltd.
- HAL-Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
- ECIL- Electronic Corporation of India Ltd.
- ISRO-Indian Space & Research Organization.
- BHEL-Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited.
- RRB-Railway Recruitment Board.
- MAHA-GENCO-M.S. Electricity Board
- SBI and Other Bank jobs and many more.
Job Opportunities Private Sector
- NVIDIA Graphics
- Analog Devices
- Texas Instrumentation
- Cisco Systems
- RelianceComm. Ltd
- Reliance Power
- Microverse Automation Private Ltd.
- National Semiconductors Ltd.
- Honeywell Automation Pvt. Ltd.